View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Did you have a plan for the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river?
I think A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a plausible holding for villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wouldn't have pushed. Probably I would have either bet with the plan of making a decision versus a raise (based on the size of the raise) or I would have wimped out and checked with the plan of calling anything that wasn't too big, while holding the idea of a checkraise versus a smallish bet in reserve.

In any case, you guys are correct that my play in the hand was rather loose. I see rag wheel flops and I immediately start thinking Ax, and that's what I did when I saw the min-raise. Then, on the turn, Ax got there and I called (knowing full well that my 3x was no good versus whatever Villain might have), because the price wasn't that steep and I wanted to try out a huge overpush if I caught on the river. (I was thinking Villain might have trouble folding with a straight on the board versus my annoying "we're chopping anyway so take that" push, especially if he had a big hand on the turn that had been spoiled.)

And I caught my miracle card and did get to try that out. But Villain folded, so I can't tell you what he had.