View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 01:09 AM

Default UB $100+9 bottom set slowplays to an uncallable river?

Villain is loose-ish and pretty aggressive. Villain is also probably aware that hero has been playing extremely tight/solid.

Villain ~10k
Hero ~5k
Avg ~6k
Blinds 75/150

Preflop: Hero is dealt [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
UTG calls, Hero calls, 3 folds, MP calls, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop (t675): [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP bets 200, 2 folds, Hero reraises to 600. MP calls 400.

Turn (t1875): [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero checks, MP checks.

River (t1875): [K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
Hero bets 1000, MP reraises all-in.

I normally never slowplay the turn like that, but I really wanted to make villain think that the flop reraise was a failed bluff attempt. I had made the exact same raise in the previous two hands.

Hero...