View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: To Catch a Predator

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't go so far as to call all of these men scumbags..

what they are actually doing is planning to engage in consentual sex with what they think is a 13-15 year old girl.

this is against the law..but what is so "sick" about it again?

as yourself.."what would happen if the supposedly young girl in this case told them that she did not want to have sex with them?" My guess is that nearly all of them wouldn't pursue it any further...probably no more than they would if this were an attractive girl of legal age..maybe even less.

the law is supposed to (or should IMO) protect young girls (and boys) who are not mature enough to make these types of decisions in an educated manner...

let's not pretend that there is some hard and fast line where a person suddenly becomes mature enough to make these decisions.....I'm sure that there are plenty of 15 year old girls that can make a more educated decisions than many 18+ year olds...

still...there is a law in place...many of these guys have children and I'm sure they wouldn't want a random guy soliciting their children for sex..even if their children consented...

so they are breaking the law...and they must be punished for that...

but let's not throw out a broad label of "sick" or "scumbag"

as far as the ethics of producing a show like this...

let's face it..if you want to arrest every single man who would engage in sex with a attractive 15 year old girl if that girl wanted to..we'd be pretty busy..

I think the focus should be on people who are actively seeking out young children...which I think they are generally doing in this case...

but to make a show about it..for entertainment..and give them what I think are special priveleges like being able to show their faces even when they have not been convicted of any crime..that's just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanting to [censored] a 12 year old boy in the ass is definitely disgusting, whether he consents to it or not. Furthermore, several of these guys have talked about including animals, they are scum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it hard to regard a person as "scum" for something that they cannot control..

I have no problem, however, regarding someone as "scum" for refusing to suppress a tendency that would harm another person...

whether or not harm to another person occurrs is my main focus in evaluating these types of things.

I don't think that is unreasonable.