View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Pro Poker Player on \"Are You Smarter then a 5th Grader?\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi pyedog,

P.S. Also, "Who was the 1st US Sec of the Treasury?" That is a VERY hard question for most Americans. I'm guessing that 5th graders are slightly more likely to know it than adults, since it's trivially unimportant and involves our government, and that's what we try to fill our kids' heads with over here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know about history specifically the founding of the US, knowing Alexander Hamilton isn't that hard.

If they were to ask who the current secretary of treasury is, I would think that it much more challenging of a question, as ironic as that might be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking that this would probably help, as well; his name must be on the Declaration of Independence, for example. Still, I'd bet that 8/10 random US adults would get this wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to nitpick, but he didn't sign it. alexander hamilton was in college when it was signed.

but i agree that the average american wouldn't know the answer. the average american is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL just shows my ignorance. I definitely wondered if that statement was obviously retarded to anyone who knew any historical dates, etc. I really just meant that as an example of some other piece of info that would make the question easier.