View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Resolving Differences in Personal Preferences

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I worry about handgun accidents hardly any more than I worry about peanut butter accidents.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not talking about accidents. I'm talking about suicides, homicides, armed robberies. I don't remember the last time someone was threatened with a jar of peanut butter. And yes, peanut butter can be dangerous, which is why there are mandated warning labels, and the requirement to notify (or avoid) peanut products in some catered foods.

Also, pvn's original analogy is about forcing consumption of something, which is the opposite of taking it away. Notice how he shifts the goalposts later on, saying it is indeed a public safety issue, when he was originally talking about forcing someone to eat it.

Bottom line: to say that gun control is similar to forcing someone to eat peanut butter against his will is either silly or dishonest. At least own up to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Belive it or not I was recently duped and mislead by a peanut butter safety person. They told me that 'teddies' peanut butter, made locally, was safer becuase it had lower levels of fat or something. So I'm like, "hey safety is cool" and bought some.

Well that stuff is dangerous. I was anxious to try some of my safe peanut butter and open up the bottle and low and behold there is an accumulation of oil at the top and it spills out on the floor. That stuff is not safe! It is slippery has hell. I nearly split my head open. There should be a law at least making teddies inform us of this risk. They always want to mislead you and tell you their product is safter but they don't tell you the whole story. Typical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shudda gotten the crunchy. The chunks give you more traction.