View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Existence of -cEV yet +Equity Plays?

Tony Guerrera here. Collin...thanks for tossing this up on the forum! My intuitive response to this issue was "hell no!" and I'm still sticking with it; however, my general approach to such things is to be open-minded, especially since statements of non-existence are typically much harder to prove than statements of existence, and since not being open-minded is a surefire way to become a stagnant player.

I agree that there's no way that this can happen when considering calling versus folding. I just have to figure out how to justify it in a way that the general public will understand (gotta maximize my audience to maximize my writing EV).

The one potentially interesting situation I've thought of with respect to aggressive play on the -cEV +Equity front is a squeeze play situation with lots of dead chips in the pot. Most likely, even scenarios like these with lots of skewed stack sizes or unconventional payout structures will end up being +cEV and +Equity or -cEV and -Equity, with the potential of some +cEV -Equity situations.

With all of that being said, anyone here who DOES come up with some really unique situation that's -cEV yet +Equity will get a crazy shout out in my third book, Tournament Killer Poker By The Numbers.

May Your Monetary EV Always Be Positive!

Tony Guerrera

edited by durron597:

please don't use this forum to advertise your site, thanks