View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on todays market (4/20)?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
predicting individual stocks is 100 times easier than predicting the whole market, which has a gazillion different factors affecting it and could go up or down in general on any of these factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

wha? I really disagree. Predicting individual stocks is really really challenging, whereas the macro factors that affect the market level are more obvious and known. Im talking about over a 12 month period btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, yes the macro factors that affect the whole market are more well known but theres way more of them and too many other variables that effect things. Individual sectors actually the easiest to predict, and then I usually have to tie in the stock's financials into that and make an educated decision.

All I know is trying to predict whether the NASDAQ or S&P 500 is going up or down tomorrow is fruitless. Too many quaterly earnings reports that could cause it to go one way or the other.

I can tell you that in the next 3 months, HMC will with almost certainty not drop below 5% of its current value. I can give detailed analysis about it too..

Can you tell me what will happen to the S&P 500 in the next 3 months?