View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Sklansky bucks calculator (php script)

[ QUOTE ]
Nice little program, but with not really any practical use, unless I missed something?
If I understand correctly how this works, a player who steals 3 120$ pots at turn (with semi-bluffs or pure bluffs, ie most likely without the best hand, winning 70$ everytime) and then gets caught on his 4th turn shove with a flush draw vs a set and sucks out and wins a 350$ pot (meaning he'd lose 170$ 80ish% of the time and wins 180 20ish%), will be noted as running very good but being a bad player?

And also, the player who reraises "almost all in" preflop for 199$ with AA vs KK and notices he didn't put his last 1$ and pushes it on flop, where a K showed up, will be considered a bad player (even though for a very small amount) and running very good if A shows on turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

this program doesn't attempt to determine whethere you're a good or bad player. it just tells you how you're running on all in pots.

[ QUOTE ]
And as a last point, the player who sucks out a few times during a month, and didn't get sucked out once, but who on the other hand found himself thrice in a set vs overset situation, and twice in KK vs AA etc.. and never the reverse, will be considered as running good?

[/ QUOTE ]

it only considers how you're running after the money goes in.

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I think the only thing this program shows is wether you're rather conservative (or weak) about going all in or not, compared to your average opponents. Which absolutely doesn't mean you're better than them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it shows how you're running on all in pots after the money goes in.

[ QUOTE ]
Still a nice program but, but I thought it might be useful to mention its results don't really mean much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

the results mean a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
Even if somehow you could get hands history where you see what every player has even when there is no showdown, it still would be nearly impossible to make a program that tests wether you run good or not (because running good/bad isn't only about losing or not when you put the money while ahead.. there is the frequency of various setups, there is the frequency at which you hit your flop, etc..).

[/ QUOTE ]

you're missing the point of the program. it's not to calculate how you're running. it's to calculate how you're running on all in pots after the money goes in.