View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: \'Going Pro\'- a serious conversation

My main concern would pertain to your family. You said you have an 18 month year old correct? And you said your wife is not very fond of this idea. Let me put it to you the way I believe. Family has gotta be at the top of your considerations. An 18 month kid is going to require a lot of time, not to mention the fact that you dont want to miss out on alot of his/her life. I dont know what your schedule consists of now, but I would imagine you would go from working during the day at your job to working at night? As of right now that may not be a problem, but what about when your kid starts school? He/she will be gone all day and you may be gone all night.

This is all speculation because I dont know about your family and the situation, but remember this is a long term commitment. Just because things work with your family now, doesnt neccessarily mean it will work in 4 years.

Also, your wife. I would say once (if) you convince yourself that this is a good decision, you will then have to convince her before you think of making a move. Your part of a team, and you dont wanna risk losing your contract with that team by making a selfish decision. Sorry for the lame comparison, but my point is, family first. Plan, discuss, plan, discuss, and repeat about 10000000 times. It to me would have to be one of the most important aspects of the decision.