View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: \'Going Pro\'- a serious conversation

Limits..I play anything from the $10rebuys on Stars to $1500 MTT live tourneys..Have had success across a wide range..Have also negative variance runs at both ranges..
Sitgos $25-$500.
NL Cash games. I typically play NL $2/$5 $500 buy-in, and a wide range of buyins online NL.25/.50 up to NL$5/10.

Insurance/401k variables all factored into my 33% number. I've run the numbers probably 10 times.

The triple playing time vs expected ROI is the conversation I have..I get that the weekend play is more profitable, but arent I losing some equity when I play after a hard week when I'm probably not well rested..And when I play at night after working during the day, am I playing my most optimal game..Am I making bad end game decisions knowing I have to get up in 4 hours for work..Am I missing a great game because I have work etc etc..

I've found that my game has improved as Ive played more hours..Could be a coincidence because Im more versed aka better player than when I was playing 15hrs. Just wonder to your point if there is a point of a diminishing returns..50hrs good 55th hour-optimal play falls off..
Anyone else with real life experiences regarding this?