Thread: Anna Wroblewski
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Anna Wroblewski

[ QUOTE ]
I think any reporter who accepts money from a player should be fired and blacklisted. Then again known plagiarists aren't even fired in what passes for "media" in the poker world. *Gulp* I've never been leveled before I hope this isn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not being leveled, and I don't agree with your sentiment. There's at least a vague tradition of tournament winners tipping out certain members of the media, but it's not quite as standard as dealer/floor tokes.

Also, the poker media mostly exists to promote the game of poker itself in a biased/favorable way, and it doesn't have to live up to the same objective standards of the mass media, so save the righteous indignation...when a player who won the event tips a reporter/photographer, it's usually just a token of gratitude resulting from a bond that one tends to form throughout the course of the long, big tournament--it's a nice, but also relatively insignificant gesture. The reporters are working for you in a way just like the dealers and floorman are. Everyone has his own tipping policy, but tips to the media are certainly not unheard-of, nor are they unethical.