View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Best software to watch TV on your computer?

I have two questions:

#1: I recently bought and installed a TV-Tuner card so I could watch TV on my computer. It was an ATI card that came with a program called Catalyst Media Center. I have a 30" Dell monitor that displays at 2560x1600 resolution. There is a known issue with Catalyst Media Center where it somehow doesn't work at that resolution (as confirmed by support). So, I would like to still be able to watch TV on my computer without having to change my display settings. What software would you recommend to watch TV on my computer? I would like the software to be free, b/c I don't want to spend more money after getting the card.

#2: I tried playing my Wii on the computer through the TV tuner card. However, the response time from the controller was so laggy that it was pretty much unplayable. What is the best solution to play my Wii on my Dell 3007WFP? I want to also to be able to have sound in my set-up and I have speakers hooked up to my computer. I've read that there are periphereals you can buy to do this set-up, but I'm not sure what they are exactly. I've also heard there's issue where if you configure the Wii with the monitor to display at 480p using component cables, games that don't support progressive scan (ie some Gamecube games) won't work and only a black screen will come up. Any ideas on how to get the set-up I want?