Thread: LEGALIZE IT
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Re: LEGALIZE IT

[ QUOTE ]
it doesn't work that way at all because nowadays being a better learner doesn't mean you'll survive longer and it especially doesn't mean that you'll have the greatest number of offspring [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how you can say that no traits will be consistently selected over enough generations to cause any change in frequency. I don't know if there are or not, but I don't see how you can just dismiss it. A possible candidate: the desire to have as many children as possible. In many populations, this would be selected against, because you are less likely to have grandchildren if your birth your way to starvation. But human populations haven't been like this for a while, and there is no reason to think they will be in the future. I'd also think that the qualities that allow people to successfully attract fit mates are pretty homogenous over time, its just the more superficial ones that change with the trends. Bear in mind that nice cars, a good job, nice clothes, are all really representations of the same skill and attribute.