View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Brodeur looks human

[ QUOTE ]
the irony is perfect - alfredsson has been accused for years of dogging it by ottawa fans, and now he's the leader?

[/ QUOTE ]

All I said was that Alfredsson has been busting his ass so far in the playoffs. Is this not the case? And you're right, thanks to their disappointment after early-round playoff exits, Ottawa fans have looked for scapegoats to blame. As Ottawa's captain, Alfredsson was a target. Before him, Yashin was the target. While I always agreed with the criticism of Yashin, I always felt that Alfredsson was getting a bad rap. If you watch the games, he's *always* busting his butt -- even if his name doesn't always appear on the score sheet.

This is irrelevant as my argument isn't that *all* European players dog it in the playoffs.My argument is that they're more likely to do so than North American players due to the fact that the Stanley Cup means more to the average North American player than it does to a European player.

[ QUOTE ]

kovalchuk's played exactly 0 playoff series before this year and was accused of being selfish before he got to the nhl.

[/ QUOTE ]

And it looks like he's being selfish in the playoffs now, too.

[ QUOTE ]
hossa's had his post season moments and i think he may be playing through a concussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has zero points, is a -5, and has only 7 shots on goal so far in the playoffs. This comes after a season in which he scored 43 goals. Maybe he has a concussion, but I did a search on Google and couldn't find any mention of it.