View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Re: So I didnt go to class today

actually after giving my question a second of thought......... anyone who plays varsity golf has a ton of self discipline..... i know myself I was on the course every single day during the summer of my high school years in the attempt of making the varsity team. me and my teammeates would always be competeitive. we even gambled and played skins behind our coaches back during golf practice on a daily basis.

I think that same mentality carried over to poker for me. once I found poker, my sole intention and addiction turned into becoming an excellent poker player.

last summer I was actually so hooked on poker my excersise lacked. all's I did last summer was helped my dad farm, baled straw, drove the semi and hauled straw, and played poker at nights for 5 hours.

this summer i'm contemplating not farming, and just focusing on poker and playing golf everyday. non competitive golf is really a stress reliever and great exercise (I never get a cart), and would really help my poker game mentally (because I hate jogging and lifting). I like to excersice and have fun at the same time.