View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Antisemitism thread

[ QUOTE ]
So we are just supposed to let posters who promote ignorant opinions continue to post? Because by doing so, you just create more ingorant people, who in this case will believe jews killed jesus.

Just because it isnt blatantly racist, even if the guy isnt racist, its bad because he believes it and writing crap like that makes others believe it.

Letting it slide is really really bad, and imo is how societies get to the later points where you wonder where it all went wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man.. seriously. This is a forum on the internet, we aren't framing foreign policy for the coming millenium here.

Are we supposed to lock any topic that says "I think 9/11 is a conspiracy"? How about "Governments are all evil, go anarchism"? How about "Affirmative action is a morally bankrupt public policy"?

There's misinformaiton in probably every thread in Politics. It's on the news, it's in every crevice of the internet. Trust me that shutting down selective threads isn't going to help anything.

The added irony of only shutting down threads about racism against a group of people who supposedly are over-zealous in pointing out racism against them isn't lost on me, and I'm sure it's not lost on others.