View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Just read \"Winning Omaha8\" - Now what??

I read some excerpts from Cappalettis book and it made me laugh. The guy has some terrible ideas.

Tenner/Krieger's book wastes too much time IMHO. They don't address enough common situations that occur in LO8. And in general I don't think the book leaves the reader with a philosophy/style from which the reader can build and adapt to. I think that the material they present is presented poorly and the book isn't organized in a good fashion. I kept thinking that they wanted to have their cake and eat it, too. The book doesn't go into many specifics, but I suppose if you've never played LO8, any information is decent.

SSII is straight forward and to the point. It gives you a foundation of ideas to weigh and consider, and it really gave me a lot of insight into the game. When you read SSII as a book, and then read the LO8 section, you can see how easily the game can be misplayed, and how easy it would be to convince yourself you were playing correctly when you weren't. It also mentions several things that steer your thought processes the correct way, i.e., "if a tight player limps and you raise with A-4-8-J offsuit, you should have your omaha license revoked". That quote always stuck with me, b/c of the extrapolations you can draw from it. The material is presented in a direct and concise manner and gives enough detail without overwhelming a reader, like some of 2p2's books can do.

Anyways, that's my two cents.