View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Help me pick a website name

[ QUOTE ]
Frink, how are you monetizing? and how are you drawing in initial traffic? (this should play a part in determining how much time to spend on the URL)

[/ QUOTE ]

Admittedly, I haven't fully thought out the monetizing, although I have thought a fair bit about the site's content. However, off the top of my head, the monetizing could include any or all of:

-Google Adsense
-Text link ads
-Some services/info could involve a paid subscription and/or one time access fees. This is one that I would have to think hard on... I.e. I wouldn't do this unless I felt I had a 'product/info' to sell that I felt was valuable enough.
-Amazon affiliate program (and possibly others)

I'm not sure I'd implement these all at once. Obviously the site would have to grow to a certain point before paid links could be implemented, for example.

The initial traffic will definitely be a challenge and I would be grateful for any suggestions on that front. One thing I could do is buy a few 'review me' reviews from certain popular blogs. I might do some posting in a relevant forum, which allows website links in the post signatures. Admittedly though, this is one area where I'm pretty weak. Would appreciate any help.