View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Really Rich Guys - Top 10 Traders

"Competition, Excellence, Legacy, Ambition, Scorecard, Reputation, etc. Tons of reasons. "

Once you pass the $1B+ mark aren't most of these pretty much cemented in stone?

"Yep. One could just as easily ask, why does Tiger bother to practice so much and still play golf tournaments? Same reasons. "

there are instances of athletes retiring at the peak of their success (although few, granted).

specifically, tiger has a tangible "mountain" to climb, Jack's records, before he can be remembered as the greatest ever. I was not aware of such accomplishments being noted, remembered, etc in the halls of financial history.

turnip,
i would imagine this would be more like having to continuously churn out radio-friendly studio music year after year or touring and playing the same songs that youve grown to hate that the public loves.

if these guys can come and go as they please, invest stres-free, etc then i have no basis for my statements. but i imagine these guys are still working pretty damn hard.

edit to add: i do understand that some people are just built to work like this and they enjoy it/live for it. i just dont understand it and am trying to explain my reasoning. it also explains why i am where i am and they are where they are.