View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Regarding the shooting at UW.

That was a murder suicide by a guy who was known to be stalking the girl that was killed. There was no concern that a gunman was loose on campus at all, because he was dead in the same room as the girl he killed.

The situations aren't really that similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually they are because theres no way the school knew that until after the police arrived and made that conclusion. So you are saying its perfectly reasonable for the school to assume that it was a murder suicide and not warn the students to stay away from campus until things are resolved? my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a very easy way the school knew this. People knew who the guy was, there were restraining orders. All her co-workers knew that she was being stalked.

That shooting happened about 5 minutes away from where I work, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant believe you are defending this.

once again, answer my question: how was the university to KNOW that the guy had killed himself before the cops arrived and gave an official response? It took the news AT LEAST a few hours before they even knew the story, yet somehow the school was confident that everything was ok because some people recognized the dude as the girls stalker, and somehow was able to communicate all the facts to the proper authorities. yeah, that makes perfect sense, how wrong of me to assume that the university would take the safe approach and keep people off campus until they were 100% everything was OK. You are basically arguing that "shots fired" should not immediately send out an email to the student body warning them to stay in their rooms? please explain yourself.