View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Do I play too tight?

Hi

Today really nothing worked as it should. I've built up my BR over the past few weeks from 250 to 890 (partly due to the deposit bonus, but 500 real profit) and today I wanted to move up a limit to the 22+2 turbos (was this too early? had an ROI of 10% in the 6$ and 11$, overall).
Now I'm dropped about 11 buyins back to 630...should I change back to the 11$ now, right?

But now to my game. On these days you always start to wonder if you play bad, especially since I have not a great ROI compared with some other guys here. I usually really play extremely tight until I reach the 10BB. I usually don't play any hands unless AQ,AQ and QQ+ and fold everything else. Usually that means I get shortstacked before the bubble and already have to try there to make a move. Today this really always went wrong. And the "funny" thing is not with marginal hands but with AK, AA, KK, QQ etc.

Should I loosen up my play a little bit or what do you do? And I really suck on the bubble when everybody has about the same stack size and more than 10BB. Usually I try to steal pots in LP with A9 or something by just raising. If I get reraised (as most of the time) I usually fold. Should I just push there, even with >10BB?

I had such a nice chart on sharkscope and now it just crashed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]