View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Joey Crawford versus Tim Duncan

JoA is correct. I have stated a thousand times my hatred for Tim Duncan and Joey Crawford is just as big a douche.

With that said this is what happened in the game:

For an entire quarter Duncan was doing his wrinkled forehead and palms upward routine to Crawford. On two occasions he ran over to him pleading his case, yelling at him as they were walking toward the huddles during timeouts and you could see Crawford just pointing toward the huddle.

This went on for awhile. Duncan gets a foul, which the replay showed it was and Duncan gets pissed and does his entire routine again and this time you can see Crawford turning red like he is going to T him up right there but he doesn't b/c Pop goes over to him to talk to Crawford.

Now from the bench you can see Duncan running his mouth at Crawford every time the possession gets back down to their side of the court. Then there is a foul and Duncan starts popping off from the bench and he gets T'ed up. Most would take this technical and shut the F up. Most refs would now realize things are getting out of control and not ruin the game too, maybe talk to Pop and tell him to talk to his players or something...I dunno what the best way is but that seems like it could handle the situation and keep the best player in the game at the same time.

Another foul happens that Duncan doesn't like and he wasn't JUST laughing b/c you could see his whole mannerisms and the way he was acting, he was saying stuff too...obviously you just don't know what. He gets another T. This is where I was bummed b/c I am at a see-saw 3 point game that has had 8 lead changes at this point...win or lose I wanted Duncan there (the game doesn't matter--playoffs throw his ass out!!!).

As he walked out my gf thought he flipped Crawford off, I said I didn't think he did but he gestured something at him. I find out later it was that he was talking to him and what his comments were.

It is basically two babies clashing. Duncan may be one of the greatest forwards of all time but he hasn't any grace whatsoever and this is why I can't find an ounce of respect for him. Crawford ruins games with his ego and his little man's syndrome.