Thread: Stars or Party?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Stars or Party?

I never once deposited a penny at Party Poker but walked away with a nice bankroll before the recent prohibition. As mentioned before, check out your options through Pokersourceonline to see if you can either get a juicy deposit bonus or even a free instant bankroll (if they still have these). Historically, Party was always 'softer' but their customer service was seriously lacking.

That being said, Party has fast payouts and a very large player base that is almost sure to surpass Pokerstars soon. Also, Party has a 'beginner section,' or at least they did, that allowed new players the ability to compete against only new sign-ups for 45 days (if I remember correctly). This made for some VERY soft tables. Furthermore, they had lower stakes tables for newer players, which was a safer way to build a bankroll. Of course, what was true a half year ago might not be true now.

Pokerstars has a very large variety of microlimit games and lower juice on the sit and goes (5 + .50) instead of (5 + 1) is one example. Also, Pokerstars has limits like .1/.2 and .5/.10 NL and .2/.4, .4/.8, .10/.20, .25/.50 limit. At these limits-at basically any site-you'll find pretty soft competition. And, Pokerstars has responsive and intelligible customer support. Furthermore, I think the software at Pokerstars is fabulous, with great graphics, few disconnects and continual improvements. However, the competition at more meaningful limits is generally more difficult (again, I'm referring to the 'old' days).

I would check out the Internet Bonuses section and visit Pokersourceonline. Maybe you can download both site's packages and examine the limits, software and competition. A little preliminary investigation now will probably pay handsome dividends later. Also, instead of an either/or perspective perhaps you might want to consider splitting your funds up between the two sites to find where you feel most comfortable.

JeffreyREBT