View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Omaha Odds/Probabilities Question...

I know how to figure odds against making a hand on the turn in Omaha on the turn: X:45, where x equals no. of outs.

I can figure the same going into the river: X:44.

I am not sure, however, how to figure these three scenarios:

1) With a 13-out wrap draw on the flop, what are the odds against and percentage chance for hitting your straight with two cards to come (turn and river), not expressed separately, but as one ratio or percentage?

2) With a flush draw, one COULD consider there to only be 8 pure outs, as when the flop comes Kh-Th-7s, the 7h on the turn could make someone a full house. Similarly, if the turn doesn't pair the board, one could argue there are only 7 outs going into the river for the same reason. So how do you figure the odds against and percentage for 8 outs post-flop and 7 outs after the turn?

3) If you were to flop a set, you have 7 outs on the flop to make a full house or quads, then a redraw with 10 outs if the board does not pair on the turn. How do you figure the odds against and percentage for this scenario?

Please explain (briefly) how these calculations are done. I use the 4-2 rule for hold'em to figure odds on the fly, but with four downcards and different types of draws, I'm not sure if this would work for Omaha. Thank you all in advance for your help.