View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Real interesting question

[ QUOTE ]
Howard Lederer wrote an article on the Full Tilt website about specialization. He said not to stick to one game- he said to play alot of games because you might find the one your best at and most importantly to me, that it would make you a better overall player and BETTER AT YOUR CHOSEN GAME (for me No Limit HE). I dont really agree. Do you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that learning NLHE made me a better LHE player, and knowing LHE gave me a good head start to NLHE. When we got into Pineapple and then mixed games the concepts became easier to apply to new games.

Zolotow brought up a good point in Super System also... that the popularity of certain games come and go. I think NLHE is so popular that you won't have a problem finding a game for a long time, though, and I think you should be pretty strong at it, but I think NLHE is wearing on a lot of casual players. As time goes on I think you'll see some of that interest runoff to other games.

The other games give you different perspectives. Because I played limit games first, for example, I started in NHLE with a strong sense of how important getting max value on my good hands and minimizing my losses, and that every dollar made or saved matters.