View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: HSP: Benyamine vs. Esfandiari

[ QUOTE ]
I am really surprised by some of the replies in this thread. If your David, what do you put Antonio on? What do you put him on if he moved in on that river? Surely he wouldn't play a draw like that on the turn. For Antonio to raise David's really strong initial turn overbet he has either air or a very powerful hand, and by the way things went on the turn I would say the latter is very unlikely. Live high stakes poker is much much more about feel than just math and numbers. Replaying this hand by just bet amounts would be doing it a great injustice. I am almost positive that the "shaking" David may have done after Antonio's final raise was put on in hopes Antonio would make that last bet. David was never folding...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree David did not play this hand like the fool some are suggesting he is. I sensed some real mastery on his part in this hand, including his annoying chatter which probably should have been read as strength. But I am still curious about his call/check dark on the turn since as the cards played all that did was give AE a free shot at his gutshot.