View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: NL25 Misclick Makes Me Attempt to Play

25/5 isn't the most important factor here

what is the villain's Attempt to Steal Blinds %? That is the foremost factor here IMO.

If it (ATSB) is quite high (meaning that he is raising a lot of unpaired broadway, SCs, etc),
I bet out hoping to take the pot there as the flop likely missed. If he raises, I have no problem 3-betting allin as he would have a tough time calling with anything upaired (AK, AQ, etc-which you're a coinflip with anyway) and smaller overpairs, which you're not that big of a dog against. The key is massive fold equity and your hand likely being the statistical favorite at showdown verse his range.

If it (ATSB) isn't that high, it means that pocket pairs comprise a large part of his range. You're better off just trying to draw cheaply and c/r his stack allin at some point.
This is how you played it. Seems fine.
Just c/r allin on the turn as any significant raise pot commits you. AA-QQ likely call (>95% at 25NL IMO) as your hand is still somewhat hidden. If he has a set, or the flush draw with overs, make him pay.

Blocking bets are not the best idea here as they don't slow down aggressive opponents too much.