View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: ps3 appreciation

dude this debate has been going on for years, basically since the tech specs of all the current gen systems were released. it really doesn't matter anymore.

i want the ps3 to eventually succeed b/c if the console industry ever becomes monopolized by one company everything is going to go to [censored].

but as of right now sony has really screwed up. it might take a long time and a lot of resources before a company is finally able to take advantage of the ps3's techonology (which i agree is incredible on paper). nintendo and microsoft might not have as powerful hardware as sony, but they gave developers everything they needed right out of the gate to start making solid games. sony gave developer's a motherload of hardware but no tools to help them out. so while good, fun games are being popped out for the wii and xbox, ps3 developers are still stuck scratching their heads trying to figure out how it works. games sell systems not hardware.

like i said i want the industry to grow and succeed and for the companies to really compete with each other. but sony f'ed this one up.