View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 04:55 PM

Default Re: So I need help....I think this could be long

addictions counselor not a bad idea, but I think a counselor in general is the best approach as your problem sounds like it stems from not just a gambling problem (3 and a half years of solid winning is definitely impressive) but perhaps you desire more then just money in life.

Being a ship it holla ball is not the only way to be happy in life, in fact many of these people are quite unhappy and so they drink in excess much too often and develop large drug problems. I myself have been a decently solid winner over the last four years (enough to not need a job while finishing college and being able to have the free time i want to hang out with friends and party and still maintain a decent gpa). But after i graduated i went poker full time and could only handle it for about three months before I got so tired of it and job at the gym i worked out at, which didnt pay well but was rewarding none the less, and have spent the last 8 months training for special forces for the USAF and leave for that in 8 days.
People need goals in life to be happy, and often MAKING money is just not a goal that fulfills people enough to make them happy.
With all that said, eating well and working out will help a lot if you can stick to it, and like poker and everything else that makes you feel good it becomes quite addictive, i personally get quite cranky if i go on a couple days of eating poorly and not working out now, so try that and see a counselor if your conditions do not imporve