View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Forum Project I Update

I was never officially a participant in the original forum project but FWIW, it inspired me to get off my ass and do some of the projects I wanted to do anyway, so I consider myself an honorary particpant.

I've put up a couple of sites that are tangentially related to the forum project:

The Residualist - My blog about passive income. I haven't attempted to monetize this yet other than to sign up for AGLOCO and include my affiliate link in a post about it. My plan is to wait until I have lots of good content then try to attract a large audience before implementing AdSense, text link ads, etc. etc.

RubyRoll - This is a blog aggregator for the ruby programming language. It's monetized with AdSense. So far it's been up for a couple of months and I've made $11.03. Not exactly a huge win, but I learned a lot of valuable lessons when creating it and I now have the software ready to turn around and apply to a different (more profitable) niche in the future. (For what it's worth, the Ruby programming language is probably the least monetizable thing on the planet, at least in terms of internet marketing tactics). This site did also land me a couple of inqueries about hiring my consulting company (which I promote in the About page) for various gigs. I didn't close any of the deals though because none of them were worth it.

As mentioned in another post I've also tried some direct AdWords->ClickBank arbitrage which so far I have spent about $80 to make about $20... but again it's been a great learning experience.