Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent
Default Re: Pregnant GF

[ QUOTE ]
She's 20, I'm 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

So far, so good.

[ QUOTE ]
That's right folks, I've been planning ahead for this scenario for the extent of the relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it have been necessary for you to plan for this scenario? From your post, it sounds as if this is the only thing you've been planning for.

[ QUOTE ]
I am obviously not ready. I need to leave this town. I need a more reliable income. I need to experience so much more in the world and within myself before I'm ready to teach another human being how to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you recognize your immaturity? You're 22. What have you been waiting for?

[ QUOTE ]
Once I am prepared, I think I will be an amazing father.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless the Responsibility Fairy sprinkles some magic dust on you. There is absolutely no evidence in your post to support this statement.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really sure of the purpose of this post. Maybe someone else has experienced the same and would like to chime in with some advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been faced with a similar decision but due to genetic counseling rather than your circumstances. We reluctantly opted for abortion, but due to the pregnancy being too far along, could not go that route. As it turned out, everything turned out fine. I now look back and think that was the best decision I never got to make, and still have feelings of guilt about what I might have missed.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for reading, and if anybody has some advice to give me, I am all ears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you asked. Here goes: you have definitely decided what you want to do. In fact, you decided before you were even faced with the actual event. You came here with your post for support of that decision and possibly some advice about how to convince your GF that you are right. IMHO at this point, this is 95% your GF's decision as she is the one who will have to live with the consequences of the decision, whatever it is. (But, as you said, that is subject for a different thread.) I think her family realizes this even if she does not. You need to begin assuming some responsibilites whether your GF's pregnancy is terminated or not. I hope you're up to the task. Good luck.