Thread: Pregnant GF
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

[ QUOTE ]
So what you're saying is - i'm a failure and because I'm a failure I should have to raise a child?

I never claimed to be a saint, I am very flawed (to say the least). This is one of the many big reasons I SHOULD NOT be bringing a person into this world.

If I'm such a hypocritical douchebag, the last thing you should want me doing is raising another hypocritical douchebag to take my place when I die.

But hey, at least you got to tell me off right?

Seriously man, there's no need for the hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got nothin but love, dude, but you need a reality check. This is a crappy situation, but you need to start dealing with it ASAP, whether it's your fault or not. If your gf isn't going to have an abortion, then the kid will be born whether it's the right thing or not (barring a random miscarriage.) If she won't give it up, then YOU are primarily responsible for its material support, because no one else will be. You should google some statistics about crime rates and such for kids raised in single-parent households. Ending up a hypocrite would be a pretty good result for your son or daughter.

The failure stuff might have been a bit harsh (although true), but I think you need to quit fooling yourself. Blaming your girl or your child for your not being where you want to be is unfair and just makes it easier for you to abandon them for what are really just selfish reasons. I can't comment too much without knowing you, but why did you drop out of college if you want so badly to get out of town? Why are you asking for advice about whether you can abandon your helpless child instead of advice about how to be successful while raising a child? It's hardly impossible to go to school at night or to move to a better location. Quit whining and get it together.