Thread: Pregnant GF
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

Maybe I am younger than most of the posters replying in this thread, but I can see where the OP is coming from. I am personally 22 and about to go to law school starting this fall. If by some freak occurrence, a girl told me that she was pregnant with my child, I would NOT be willing to give up all my future plans and dreams in order to raise a child. Doing that would entail dropping out of law school, taking a crappy job instead, and basically giving up on my life.

Sure, having children may be the "best thing that ever happened to you", but wouldn't it be better if one has children when one can effectively raise them? Is it going to take away from your happiness to such a large degree if you DON'T have children in your early 20's instead of when you are more financially, and maturely, secure?

By the tone of OP's post, it is obvious that his town's culture is what is convincing his gf to have a kid that neither of them are mature enough to raise. I personally don't blame the OP for wanting to get out, want an abortion, or even suggesting that he leave her before she gives birth. When it comes down to giving up on his own life because his gf's friends and parents have convinced her that kids are fun, how can you people tell him to "man up"?