Thread: AA vs LAG
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: AA vs LAG

actually i wish people wouldnt just trust, I know Im far from right about everything. I was kinda hoping someone would let me know if i even did this right if we can assume his range is 100% accurate.

I think either way tho since its so close and the lower portion of worse hands should probably be discounted some we shouldnt cap, altho its far from a huge mistake. I think two factors that are important tho and push it to even more of a call are that by capping we often get check-raised on a blank when beat (costing us 2 bbs more than calling down from the 3bet) and hes much less likely to lead a board pair river after we cap so we lose a bit of our implied odds if behind by capping vs calling.

Im still curious to hear thoughts about how this hand changes if he capped preflop, can we rule out KJ enough and just put him on QQ or TT and then capping the turn and/or raising the river becomes +EV? also curious to hear if i set up the EV calculations here correctly for this kind of scenario, weighing the decision between capping and calling down from the 3bet.