View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Would You Try It? Live Shenanigans (long rambling post)

Seems like a close decision. I would usually shove I think.

Some things you have going for you are the fact that live players always think people hit their flush, he just booked a big win and is about to leave and therefore will be more content to give up a pot, and he sounds like the right kind of oppenent to make this move against.

There's a perfect level of experience/ability that you want your opponent to have here. You want him to be better than "OMG I have top set!!!!!!!!!! CALL!!!!!!" and good enough to bother putting people on hands, but still not advanced enough to understand bluffing with strong made hands like bottom set or two pair here.

A couple things going against you are that he likely has a set, maybe top set, and that if he does have top set, he likely has the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] which could help him talk himself into a call, thinking (stupidly) that the opponent wouldn't shove for value without the nuts.

I think this should work more than enough of the time, and be good for image if it doesn't. A lot depends on stuff that you're better at than me, Cero. Is he in the mood to book a decent win and go home? Does he seem like he could just go "Well I think you got it, but I just got these chips... might as well gamble with them," or something like that?

Also, does this Stephen guy hate you too? Does he hate everyone?