View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: AQ river and maybe preflop/flop/turn

HOWMANY,

How do I beat MP here? I think I only ever win outright if he made a ridiculous stab with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and I win half the pot if he made the same dumb stab with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. If he donks hands like this, why not donk with 16 combos of KQ as well? Otherwise, if he doesn't make these kinds of donks with draws, how can he not have me beaten? Am I supposed to put him on a bluff in that spot? Bet/call the turn and then donkbluff the river 3-way on a card that likely hits the third player?

Anyway, I do think I should have bet the river. MP can have QJ, Button can have KJ, QQ, KK, and I don't have to worry about folding the best hand to a raise (if either of them made me fold the best hand by raising a river donk after that turn action, I would gouge out my eyes so online poker wouldn't even matter anymore). So yeah, bet the river, but I checked and MP bet after donk/calling the turn. So I made the wrong first choice, but the question is about the second decision.

Infinte bet downswing here I come!