View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Very questionable floor decision at the Gold Strike

[ QUOTE ]
Brad1970: Yes, this did happen as described. It was on a busy Saturday evening so the floor was a little frazzled, possibly why she made a snap decision and immediately left the table.

The entire table heard the "all-in" from the kid. I was on the other end of the table and heard it and was happy for my friend since I knew he had AA. The dealer heard it, so the floor was called.

I have been in the Gold Strike on more than one occasion where the EXACT same thing has happened - the damn phrase "I put you all-in" being said, without realizing that, yes, that entire stack of bills under/behind the chips IS in play. And every other time I have seen this, I have seen the floor rule that the player that said "I put you all-in" has to either be all-in or match the other player's money on the table, whichever is less.

If it was any other way, this would be too easy for angleshooters. Your opponent has a few chips but a stack of bills. Say, "I put you all-in" and see your opponent's reaction. If the opponent immediately calls say that you "didn't know the cash played".

I just don't see any positive reason for the ruling that we saw on the last visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....still, bad ruling, imo. He should have been given the option of calling the all in or making the min. raise & folding. Too bad Mr. Lagtard didn't know the rules. Like I said before, that's his problem.