View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: NHL OT Playoff Game Memories

[ QUOTE ]
Watching the San Jose/Nashville game go into double OT reminded me of some of my favorite OT games.

First was in 1996, during the Capitals Penguins series. I was 10 years old, and I remember how big of a deal it was that my mom was letting me stay up so late on a school night. Between a penalty shot in double OT, and ridiculous goaltending from Ken Wregget and I think Jim Carey? Nedved's celebration was my main memory though. Check it out here.

Nedved 4OT Goal

Also, although i didn't see it live. The famous Isles Capitals game from 1987 was amazing too. I remember seeing highlights of this game growing up, and finally catching it on ESPN classic one day, and loving it. Kelly Hrudey ruled.

Anyways, what are your favorite NHL crazy playoff games? A list can be found here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering how a guy with your screen name, who also specifically mentioned 1996, doesnt talk about Game 4 of the 1996 finals when the Avs beat Florida in triple OT.

Wow.

And just for fun, and to add something constructive to this thread, i'm at this second waiting for the FOURTH(4!) overtime of this Dallas/Vancouver game 1.

Jesus christ this thing wont end...i've been watching NHL games since 7pm, or 8 hours ago...!