View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 07:17 PM

Default Re: 8/b - Reraise with wheel draw on 3rd?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold to the original bet on 4th, there's a dead 4, dead A (probably more than 1 of each is dead too given 2 other low hands in the pot), clubs are dead, and it looks like you have the 3rd best draw for half of a smallish pot.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with you, I should have just let it go, so whether to call the additional raise when I close the action is a matter of taste: should I admit now or on 5th st. that I made a mistake. Certainly in middle position, Greenage, I'd have to muck to avoid being jammed: thanks for all your input.

Bremen, you are getting at what I really don't understand fully. First of all, heads up vs a high hand and only a completed bet, I'd muck a brick with this dead 4 hand but call with 345. In a three way pot, I'd be much more inclined to take one off with this hand, as my hand plays much better multiway- I don't have to make a str8 to make money. Which brings me to your points and my original question. It's something of a paradox. My hand is drawing to the nut low and plays better multiway, yet it benefits from being heads up because I can catch the ugly 8 and 7, then backdoor trips or a str8 for free. You have said that a smaller low draw has little advantage. Could you quantify that at all. I mean, 732 vs 532 - who makes the better low more often? Thanks in advance.

Also, what do you guys think of this: the liver my key cards, the more inclined I am to trap. The deader these cards are and liver the rough cards, the more inclined to want to isolate with a reraise - however this is also a bit of a paradox since I'd want more money in with the liver hand and less with the deader - either way, since I played it passively on 3rd I should have mucked immediately.