View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Noob Guitar Hero 2 Q\'s (X360)

Also, yeah, I've played guitar casually since I was 13. I've never gotten serious about it though. Mostly I can just strum some chords, play a blues scale or two, and read tabs.

As for #3, Basic finger strength and dexterity, good sense of rhythm, and good coordination are a few things that translate. It's noticeable but not a HUGE help. GH2 and playing the guitar have a completely different feel.

#4: Do what's comfortable but learn how to alternate strum. I down strum almost every note because I find it more accurate but there is some fast stuff that you absolutely can't down strum.

[ QUOTE ]

Probably not a bad idea, but at least this will give me some familiarity with the songs, if not fully how they will play at higher levels. Also, I am having fun at the easy levels: I may be in the minority in that I'm not just trying to get to the highest levels as quickly as possible. A longer period of enjoyment before this game turns into an obsession to 80% Jordan is fine by me.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the things I've always loved about this game is there are different levels of competition. You can get wasted with friends and play it. Mothers, wives, girlfriends, and kids, can enjoy it. If you just want to casually play your songs every now and then, you can enjoy it.

If you decide you want to get a little competitive and challenge yourself, you can work on finishing different difficulty levels and 5*ing all the songs. Then if you want even more of a challenge you can go to scorehero.com and sign up for their boards and see how you're ranked. They also have leagues there. There's XBL leaderboards.