Thread: AC and power
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: AC and power

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So in this scenario use your guns and keep the new group from messing with you. Then live however you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happens to the tanks? Planes? Does everyone need to have a few rocket launchers in their house to enjoy freedom?

[ QUOTE ]

Even in the police state that is America there is no way the government could control the population except by the population's consent.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Consent" as the driving force of libertarian morality. If I "consent" to having a government, then I have a government.

[ QUOTE ]

How would a private mob ever gain more power than the state? Seems impossible to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, never in the history of the world has someone with a lot of guns gained a lot of power. Never.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you take away hte meta ideals of the people who have come to power with violence there is little to fight for. Certainly the entire German army was not fighting for Nazi ideals. Rather they were fighting for Germany. Under AC there is no Germany, and hence no German government to fight for.

Also your argument is flawed because there are very few people who have ever come to power outside of the power structure already in place. In a lot of places it is shoot the president, become the president. But this still rests upon the perceived legitimacy of the presidents position. If there is no president then how do you assume this power? It no longer is cut and dry, rather you would have to exert direct control over entire regions to keep the people under control.

In my town in upstate NY there is about 8 cops for a few thousand people. There is no way these cops could do anything if the people decided not to listen. Thats what I meant by the government ruling only by consent in America. The government does not have the resources to exert direct control over the people. The people listen because thats what they have always done.