Thread: hotbacon's log
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: hotbacon\'s log

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who/where did you get your workout program from?

[/ QUOTE ]

i made it myself, but i thought of it from looking at the starting strength program and reading at many places that in order to get big, i should get good at: squats, deads, pull ups, and bench press

so i kinda mixed those two thoughts together i guess and came up with what i'm doing now. i probably shoulda gone with a pre-made workout from someone who knows what they're talking about, but w/e.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just for reference, I do 51 and 61 reps respectively on my two workouts (if I include pullups and dips). You did more than 100 reps on one day.

So I'm probably lifting closer to my 1 rep max than you are (I have to be), you are doing more volume. I'm not saying it's bad, just different.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, my base lifts (squats, press, pull up) have 56 reps total.
then i have those two extra little isolation exercises that give me 48 reps between the two.
i've always looked at it as i'm going to the gym mostly to do those 3 base lifts, and then i add in the 2 isolation exercises like many people add abs to the end of their workout.
so i guess i don't really count the isolation exercises as part of my "load." i dunno. is this wrong to think this way?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not an expert, so I wouldn't know. It seems like you can handle the two accessory lifts.

I was more curious about what the rest of the program looks like. What do you do in a week/other workouts? How does progression work?