View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Help me play these monsters better.

Hand 1) Fine. You might as well bet there, you're only getting paid if someone has an ace there anyway, so you might as well bet so someone with an ace can raise/call. It's just not a good flop. You want to bet because K/J/T/clubs are all scary cards on the turn, but you don't get paid unless an opponent has Ax. Since many will call raises with Ax, you should bet.

2) Not sure I'd bet the turn. As far as the river goes, bet more. You could even try something weird like pushing the river there. It's not a real draw-heavy board, and you have the nuts. Maybe you can get someone with two pair, a set, or even top pair to call a push there. I mean, MP2's range can include a lot of hands that would have trouble folding the river. Maybe he'd just think you were bluffing and call light. There aren't many drawing hands he can have on that board, especially because you already have the one draw that got there (and 53 got there too, and will call a push). I don't feel like doing the math exactly, but my value bet would about 300, and pushing would be about 1800, so if you push is getting called at least 1/6 as often as a value bet, it might be more profitable. But at least bet 250-300. At the least.

3) Turn minraise is so bad. You can afford to raise there, and raise more. You give away your hand is strong with that raise while getting basically 0 value for it. You need to build the pot there, and Kx/Qx probably won't fold, Ax/Tx might not fold a draw, KQ, KJ, KT, QT, J9, etc. will all keep going here. With that many very reasonable hands you can be up against, you can afford to bet hard because you will get called so often. I'd just lead the turn for about pot, hopefully building a nice pot for bet into again on the river.

Value bet sizing should usually be around a minimum of 2/3-3/4 pot, possibly more depending on the texture of the board and likelihood you will get called by a wide range of hands.