View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Registration for 1 on 1 political debate threads

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd take... or con on either of the drug legalization questions, provided the other participants are still interested, and can do it after the 14th.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the one who said I would do the Pro side for heroin should be legal.

Although I'm not as juiced up to do the debate as I was when I orgiginally posted to do it I still will and can wait until the 14th.

If you would rather do the pot and the pro pot guy is still interested that is fine, or if you want to tackle me before you take the lightweight drug that might be cool too. I'm a rank novice when it comes to any kind of formal debating, and have never studied this issue or anything, so I hope the group doesn't have high standards for my style [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be glad to debate the con, or why heroin should be illegal. I have ample first hand experience regarding the subject of heroin, addiction, and the effects it can have on a person and more importantly, their family.

Note, I was never a user. And pre-heroin I was against the prohibition of all drugs. Sometimes reality changes things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think somapopper gets first dibs on me (we talked about starting on the 14th).

And to be clear, I will not be suggesting that heroin has positive effects on the family, or that it is not addictive. My postion is that it should be legal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might ask somapopper to consider letting me debate this in his place. I would appreciate the opportunity greatly.

And to be clear, I will be suggesting that heroin has terrible effects on the family and on society, and that it should remain illegal. I, personally speaking, have known no greater evil in twenty four years. One might even venture to say that the long reaching ramifications of the drug have had an absolutely profound impact on my life, my choices, my family, my friends, and without it's devastating presence I would most likely be an entirely different individual than I am today. However, I still feel confident that I can discuss the subject as objectively as anyone, still though, I'd dare you to neutralize the insufferable tragedies that I'd describe to this forum, tragedies that would only become more and more rampant in society if we were to allow something so overwhelmingly euphoric to be made readily and legally available to a generation of people who could likely make the cocaine craze of the early 1980's pale in comparison to what we would see if a much more powerful and addictive drug were to be made legal.