Thread: TLDR Beer Club
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:14 PM

Default Re: TLDR Beer Club

I'm going to review my second can from the Oskar Blues brewery, this time Dale's Pale Ale. I paid $1.99 for a 12 oz can. I'm not sure of the ABV.

The first thing I noticed about this beer was that, in spite of sitting restfully in my fridge for more than a week, and with no rough handling before pouring, the beer exploded out of the can. I lost a portion onto the floor, and it was pretty uncontrollably foamy in my glass. It's a little darker than I expected.

As I was wiping the beer off my floor, though, I could notice that it smelled pretty good. It smelled malty and fairly sweet with a decent hop backing. The taste is pretty similar. I should note, though, that it tastes a little flat. I think I lost a good bit of the residual carbonation when I opened it. The other flavors are pretty good. The hops are flavorful without being too bitter, and they linger nicely. The malt, I'd say, is a little sweet for this variety. It almost reminds me of the malt of an imperial IPA. I picked this beer because I was in the mood for a lighter, drier beer. I would have cared for something either a little less sweet, or a little more strongly hopped. I'm going to give this beer [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. If it was a little less flat, it would have picked up an extra half heart. I guess you have to be especially gentle w/ this beer.