View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This brightened up my week let me know I'm not the only one who swings rediculously.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. You're not alone. 4500 hands and 350 BB lighter, I'm also quite ready to throw in the towel. All I can think of all the time is the word "ridiculous".

[/ QUOTE ]
It's all about focus. When I lost 200 BB I wasn't playing well near the end. I should have given up for the day after I lost the first 60 bets, but I fired it up again at night and spiraled out of control for another 140 bets. I was probably playing -2 bb/100 poker.

Something important for everyone is to not let your longest sessions be the ones where you start out losing. That's the general trend for me. If I'm up 100 bets after 1k hands, I'll be a lot more encouraged to call it a day as opposed to being down 100 bets after 1k hands. It's dumb, though.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 2h 2d (three of a kind, twos).
Hero has Qd 2s (two pair, queens and twos).
Outcome: SB wins 10 BB. </font>