View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: platform for coalition of left- and right-libertarians

[ QUOTE ]
What, exactly, are the thousands of workers employeed be a large company going to do with it? Vote on what it should produce? Vote on who has what jobs? Vote on how long the work day and week are?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so scared of workers having control over the decisions that affect them? So they make the wrong decisions and go busto - isn't taking a shot and going busto one of the things that keeps the tables full of fish? I mean, makes capitalism so dynamic?

I'm accepting for the sake of argument that AC and corporate capitalism are very different things, however if I accept the AC argument that under corporate capitalism the ruling class has gotten most off their illegitimate windfalls from the combination of a legally enshrined coporate structure that deflects individual responsibility and the power of a coercive entity to externalize costs, create monopolies, subsidize sectors, etc then it begs the question - what do you do to return that wealth to its rightful owners and who are those rightful owners? If the extent of moving to AC world is simply whisking away the state and leavingthe illegitimate wealth distribution intact and hope that the now-free market somehow starts producing better outcomes for people then every assertion that ACers just want a for-profit ruling class of businesspeople holds true. So indulge me, what would a revolutionary plan of action look like for some sort of redistribution.