View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Re: most important decisions are made on what street?

For NL, I'm going to go with the turn. The flop is often a fit or fold situation when faced with a bet, or a c-bet situation when you are the PFR.

But, so many people will call your c-bet with nothing (or the nuts) or make a c-bet with nothing (or the nuts). Then you have to decide what to do on the turn. Like the other poster said, the bets are often much higher. If you call or make a sizable turn bet or raise, you have pretty much decided your status in the hand. Often, this is where you have to put your opponent on a hand as well. Do you bet strong with top pair because he has a draw, or a little less because he has a weak kicker or second pair?

As for the river, if you have defined his hand, you know what cards you don't want to see, and act accordingly. If you are drawing, you see if your draw hits, and act accordingly.

Of course, these are generalizations, but you get the idea. For reference, I'm speaking from a perspective of $50NL & $100NL online, and 1-2NL & some 2-5NL live. At higher limits, I think there is an increase in difficult flop decisions, but I'd still say the turn is toughest.