View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Re: NL: Why the hate on short buy-ins?

this isn't hard guys.

if you are new to NL or just want to play more tables where you don't have to think or don't want to make reads and just want to click buttons and grind hands mostly then it's pretty easy to short-stack.

Less variance, easier to win without even having to think.

Calling them 80-100 buyins doesn't really tell the story.
To think you could 12 table NL100 for a $20 buyin on each table with only a $400 roll would be ridiculous.

People just use the term 'buyin' because it's easier.
But for the shortstackers one should really consider that they are just starting with 20% of a buyin and not a full one.

Or, you can look at total number of BB's. 20 full buyins at NL100 is really a 1000BB roll (using PT BB's of doubling the big-blind amount).
Whatever.

The tone and insults in this thread are kind of annoying so I'm not sure I feel like discussing this any further with those who just want to scream "scumbag-this and scumbag-that".

I'm not trying to convert anyone or say that playing shortstack is somehow better. If you don't want to then that's fine.

I'm just surprised at how many have such a completely hateful attitude to players who are buying in for an amount that is perfectly acceptable (otherwise the site wouldn't let you buyin for that amount in the first place).

I'm also surprised at how many not only hate such players but also think it is somehow a big problem.