View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: NL: Why the hate on short buy-ins?

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, real poker is about putting your opponents on a range of hands and forcing them to multiple decisions throughout the hand that could cost them a full stack +. Short stackers wet their pants at the thought of playing postflop with good players b/c they simply don't have the ability. It might be profitable for some players to SS but don't you guys feel disgusted in yourselves, like someone who couldn't hack it in the "real world"--->failures? I mean, instead of dropping down in levels and maybe playing with your caliber of player, you buy in for a worthless amount, play with players way over your head, ruin the games and piss me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real poker is whatever poker people play, and that doesn't change if people buy-in short or tall. If you can't take advantage of knowing how someone plays, well then I suppose you aren't really that great of a player in the first place. I think most of your disagreement comes NOT from thinking it ruins the game and more that you simply aren't capable of taking advantage (i.e. it pisses you off).

As for SS'ers feeling disgusted with themselves, let me ask you this: Do you feel disgusted with yourself for exploiting players with full stacks that don't understand pot odds or position, or who overvalue top-pair/top-kicker? Do you feel like a failure? Yeah, I am sure you don't. My answer is the same, I don't mind taking advantage of people that don't know how to adjust to my play.

Ironic that you don't mind takin' advantage of suckers but you dislike others using methods to do so that you find unpalatable.